For many of us, our smartphones have become the control center for our entire lives. Recognizing this trend, companies are racing to develop and deliver innovations and new features to stay ahead of their rivals in the competitive mobile software market. Here are some of the latest advancements in mobile app development that are currently making waves in the industry:
- Mobile Wallets – Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, and other mobile wallets are gaining in popularity, especially since the pandemic boosted contactless transactions and connected wearable devices hit the market.
- Beacon Technology – This is what allows businesses to send notifications to customers in certain locations, e.g., advertising sales near a store.
- Predictive Analytics – Advanced analytics supported by AI can use data to predict customer behavior and personalize their mobile experience.
- Super Apps – These multi-purpose apps combine several functions–for example, payments, multimedia, and social networking– into one hub that can provide everything users need.
- P2P Mobile Apps – Also called peer-to-peer apps, these allow users to make transactions with each other, connected with digital wallets, online banking, or cryptocurrency wallets.
- Instant Apps – Android Studio now allows developers to create instant apps that users can try directly from the store page without having to install them on their devices.
- AI and Machine Learning – The capabilities of mobile apps are greatly boosted by AI, including image editing, data processing, navigation, and more.
- 5G Connectivity – The next generation of wireless tech is 100x faster than 4G. Developers can leverage this to create apps that seamlessly deliver detailed AR experiences or other complex multimedia.
- Wearables – Fitness trackers, smartwatches, and the like have been around for a few years, but are expected to become more capable in 2023, with more versatile apps of their own.
- Blockchain – Blockchain technology is no longer only used for cryptocurrency, but is becoming popular for data management, identity verification, digital collectibles, and much more.
Please rate this post
AI Optimization Disruptive Researcher – Chief Development Officer and CoFounder at AccelOne – Blockchain Certified Developer – Autonomous Cars Engineer – Industrial Engineer – McLaren Fan
My Tech journey started 38 years ago with a Yamaha CX5M Computer / Synth, and since then, I have had a nonstop career adding experiences in several industries and technologies. I am an AI researcher and Ph.D. student and the Chief Development Officer of AccelOne. I lead a team of passionate talent in software engineering services, which are delivered from LA to the US. I have a strong technical background with more than three decades of experience in complex project and team management in various areas, including product design and development in Entertainment, eCommerce, Retail, Logistics, Business Intelligence, and Financial Services. I was CTO of Axigma Technologies, managing mobile business and consumer development projects for brands, including The Marketing Store and C9W. I founded the computer training institute IEC, which provided training services in several different programming languages and design and animation tools. In 2005 I founded Routeck, a development software company devoted to special projects (such as open-source firmware programming), credit card reconciliation, and specific products for retail. I was Development Manager at Infinite Corporation, managing their iSeries and Web products, a former Senior Software Engineer at COTO, and a Senior Web Applications Engineer at HSBC.