Web application development is constantly evolving as companies seek to improve their online services and optimize the user experience. Ultimately, offering a better web app can give your brand an edge over the competition, so it’s worth paying attention to the current state of the market as well as emerging trends. Here are some useful facts to bear in mind when considering web app development.
- Search Engine Ranking Is Affected By Source Code – That’s right, web indexes such as Google’s actually read the source code of your site, which means that SEO practices should be baked directly into the code. Many developers are not SEO specialists and should be reminded of this fact or partnered with an SEO expert.
- Most Web Users Are On Mobile Devices – Recent research indicates that about two thirds of users access the web via their smartphones, so it’s important to optimize your website for mobile viewing and touch controls.
- The Average Website Lasts 3 Years – Technology marches on, and companies need to continuously update their web presence to keep up with the times. This can mean integrating new technologies or simply updating the UI to modern design tastes. The typical site lasts about 3 years before it needs a major overhaul.
- The First Impression Is Everything – In the fast-paced digital world, a user will judge your brand after just a few seconds on your site. That’s why user experience (UX) experts are a necessary part of your dev team, as they can help optimize it to be compelling to use from the get-go.
- Users Only Scan The Site – A recent study found that only 16% of web users actually read the text on a website. Most users simply skim it quickly. To account for this, websites should highlight important information and separate text into easily scannable chunks.
- Progressive Web Applications (PWAs) Are Changing The Market – PWAs are a recent innovation in web development that combines the best features of websites and mobile apps. They load quickly, work well on any device, and have offline functionality.
Taking these facts into account when planning your web app project to offer your target user base the best possible experience.
To read the original article, click here.
Please rate this post
AI Optimization Disruptive Researcher – Chief Development Officer and CoFounder at AccelOne – Blockchain Certified Developer – Autonomous Cars Engineer – Industrial Engineer – McLaren Fan
My Tech journey started 38 years ago with a Yamaha CX5M Computer / Synth, and since then, I have had a nonstop career adding experiences in several industries and technologies. I am an AI researcher and Ph.D. student and the Chief Development Officer of AccelOne. I lead a team of passionate talent in software engineering services, which are delivered from LA to the US. I have a strong technical background with more than three decades of experience in complex project and team management in various areas, including product design and development in Entertainment, eCommerce, Retail, Logistics, Business Intelligence, and Financial Services. I was CTO of Axigma Technologies, managing mobile business and consumer development projects for brands, including The Marketing Store and C9W. I founded the computer training institute IEC, which provided training services in several different programming languages and design and animation tools. In 2005 I founded Routeck, a development software company devoted to special projects (such as open-source firmware programming), credit card reconciliation, and specific products for retail. I was Development Manager at Infinite Corporation, managing their iSeries and Web products, a former Senior Software Engineer at COTO, and a Senior Web Applications Engineer at HSBC.